Well, the time has finally arrived. I am heading out to London tomorrow afternoon and could not be more excited. I have two goals heading into my journey:
1. Learn and travel as much as I can
2. Not take anything for granted
This first blog post is going to be boring, as it is my first one. For those of you who need an update on the situation I am getting myself into, here’s a quick recap.
- I am going on a program with 19 students from Mizzou, 18 girls and me.
- I will be living in West Kensington, which is in central London
- There are 18 girls, and one guy on this trip (me)
- I will be interning in the sports section of a daily UK newspaper, The Independent (and my knowledge of English sports such as football, cricket and rugby are about a 6/10 right now)
- I am the only guy on my trip
- I will be taking two classes during the week, and will be traveling as much as I can on the weekend
- Estrogen vs. Testosterone levels are severely skewed
In this blog, I will certainly post photos, articles I have written, funny stories, and simple updates for those of you who are interested in my travels.
Hope everyone who is reading this has a great semester, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Brendan “seriously, the only guy on this trip” Meyer